Breathable compressed air (as specified in current standards) passes through the air control unit and is sent through the breathing tube to the inside of the K80E helmet. The air flows over the front of the visor minimising visor misting. Exhaled and excess air is expelled through the exhalation valve.
The respirator is composed of:
- A K80E helmet : the inner headband, adjustable from 53 to 63 cm, blocks the helmet round the forehead allowing for excellent visibility when the worker turns his head. Ultraviolet sun rays are repelled by the white color of the helmet..
- AL1 air control unit It is composed of a diaphragm pressure regulator and connects the air supply hose to the breathing tube attached to the helmet.
- Breathing tube, composed of a black rubber tube with couplings for connection to the K80E helmet.
- A noise reducer composed of various layers of synthetic felt in a copper housing
- A compressed air supply hose. It is composed of a 25 feet (7,6 m) long rubber hose with quick disconnect and adaptor couplings. The air supply hose connects the breathing tube to an air source supplying clean breathable air.
- Airflow indicator consisting of a transparent tube with indicator ball inside. To check the airflow performance of the respirator it is supplied with, before each use.
- Rubber Belt.
ADVANTAGES AND FEATURES
- Positive pressure helps to breath comfortably even under strain
- The device may be decontaminated easily
NIOSH APPROVAL TC-19C-317
MAX AIRFLOW AT 20°C-60%RH 240 l/min
MIN AIRFLOW AT 20°C-60%RH NA
HELMET WEIGHT 980 g
COMPLETE RESPIRATOR WEIGHT 7,3 kg
SOUND LEVEL 78 dBA
POWER 4.9-7.4 bar (70-105 Psi)
AVAILABLE SIZES Adjustable headband
Protective device recommended when working in industrial environments, on contaminated sites, for painting and sandblasting, in construction, building and renovation.